Ronald McDonald Family Room Program
The Ronald McDonald Family Room Program offers comforting sanctuaries in hospitals for families to rest, reconnect and relax during hospital visits.
Our Family Rooms are staffed by our Family Liaison Officers to provide friendly, compassionate support.
Ronald McDonald Family Room – Perth Children’s Hospital
Located on the Ground Floor of Perth Children’s Hospital is the Ronald McDonald Family Room, proudly supported by Santos.
Since opening in 2018 this Ronald McDonald Family Room has welcomed thousands of Western Australian families into the space to take a moment to regroup and relax while in Perth Children’s Hospital.
- Information Services to assist families navigate the hospital.
- Activities for children based around skill development and fun.
- Change facilities and breastfeeding rooms.
- Library facilities for families to access and borrow.
Kulunga Moort Mia – Perth Children’s Hospital
Kulunga Moort Mia, Noongar for Children’s Place, is a culturally sensitive environment adjacent to the Ronald McDonald Family Room. Incorporated as part of our Ronald McDonald Family Room within PCH, Kulunga Moort Mia provides respite for families to connect the support of extended family and community.
Ronald McDonald Family Room | Fun on Four
The Ronald McDonald Family Room in Perth Children’s Hospital’s Fun on Four precinct was opening in August 2021.
Ronald McDonald House Charities Western Australia in partnership with Child and Adolescent Health Services (CAHS) joined forces to design and revitalise space in Fun on Four, with the goal of an exceptional whole-of-family hospital experience supporting the well-being of young patients.
- A Parents’ Retreat with comfortable seating for respite
- A high-end coffee machine
- An Arts & Crafts Zone
- A Teen Den equipped with all of the latest video and arcade games
- A Cinema Room
- A Reading Retreat with enjoyable lounge area
- Soft Play and Toddler Zone
- Explorer’s Zone which includes STEM, sensory, construction and imaginative play
Ronald McDonald Family Room – Peel Health Campus
Peel Health Campus is located in Mandurah on the South West Coast of Western Australia, about 72kms from Perth. Our Ronald McDonald Family Room at Peel Health Campus is located within the Sariach Wing of the Paediatric Ward.
Opened in 2010 this Family Room was purpose-built for the free and exclusive use of parents, carers, guardians and their families with children undergoing treatment at Peel Health Campus.
- A kitchenette with a microwave, tea, coffee and a fridge for storing food.
- Lounge and dining area with complimentary wi-fi and Foxtel.
- Indoor and outdoor play area with a playground and space to run around outdoors.