The Big Breakfast
Get your chef’s hat at the ready
The Big Breakfast is a cooking program where community or corporate groups are invited to take over our kitchen. Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day, and when you’re caring for a sick or injured child, it’s the fuel you need to kick-start a morning filled with medical appointments. The Big Breakfast allows community and corporate groups to utilise the Ronald McDonald House kitchen to provide breakfast to the families who stay with us at Ronald McDonald House Nedlands and Perth Children’s Hospital. All cooking equipment is provided, however groups are required to bring in their own ingredients and recipes.
How Does It Work?
1. Book your Big Breakfast preferred date via the booking calendar below. Please note The Big Breakfast is only available for bookings on the weekends.
2. Prepare your menu and ingredients. Whether you want to cook a traditional English breakfast or test your skill at flipping pancakes, you are welcome to create a menu of your choice for your Big Breakfast. You will need to provide your own recipes and ingredients.
3. Arrive on site at 7:30am for setup and preparation. You will be shown to the RMH Nedlands kitchen and given a tour of the facilities.
4. Get cooking! After your orientation, you are welcome to start preparations on your hearty breakfast.
5. Our families will be down to the Dining Room to enjoy your menu between 9am and 10am.
If you have questions about The Big Breakfast or our other group cooking offerings, fill out the form so our Volunteer Manager can respond to you