Lovin From The Oven
The joy of cooking together for WA’s sick children and their families.
Lovin’ from the Oven gives you the opportunity to ‘bake a difference’ in the lives of families with an ill or injured child. The donation of your time and baking talents can provide comfort to the whole family, after all, we all love to share a treat with the loves we love.
The families we support at Ronald McDonald House WA often spend hours, days or weeks by their child’s bedside to ensure they get the medical treatment they need. By preparing home baked treats through the Lovin’ From The Oven program, you’re helping provide a source of comfort for the families who stay with us. Every treat provided helps make the exhausting day of a parent, or challenging day of an ill child, that little bit brighter.
When you participate in Lovin’ From The Oven know that once the treat is gone, the memory of your contribution and the laughter and excitement shown by the child remains.
How Does It Work?
1. Select a date and pay your contribution fee for the experience. Corporate contribution fee is $500 (ex GST), Community Groups are free
2. We’ll be in touch to confirm your booking, take your payment over the phone by credit card (if applicable) and provide you with further details regarding our food safety and menu ideas
3. Decide your recipes and purchase your ingredients
4. Arrive at our Nedlands House by 9.30am on your selected date
5. Complete a kitchen induction with our catering supervisor
6. Get baking and making!
7. Help serve your wonderful treats to our families
8. Sit down, relax and have a cuppa. You deserve it!
9. All-important clean up! Wrapping up at around 12 noon
From 1st January 2024, RMHC WA will introduce a contribution fee ($500) to our Lovin from the Oven program for all corporate participants. This will support the cost increase in service provision and ensure we are able to provide you with an immersive experience in our Nedlands kitchen. Your ongoing involvement will allow us to provide nutritious snacks and treats for our RMHC WA families.
Benefits For Your Team
The Lovin’ from the Oven program is an unforgettable team-building experience, that demonstrates your organisation’s commitment to corporate social responsibility in a purposeful way and builds morale.
You’ll also be aligning your brand with a leading Western Australian children’s charity that understands the importance of providing family centred care.
If you have questions about Lovin From The Oven or our other group cooking offerings, fill out the form so our Volunteer Manager can respond to you
Acknowledgement of Country
Ronald McDonald House Charities WA proudly cares for families on Whadjuk Noongar Boodjar. We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of this land, the Noongar People and the Traditional Custodians, the Whadjuk People. We pay respects to the Elders past and present for they hold the memories, the traditions, the culture and hopes of Indigenous Australia.